Divide Your Time
“…one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife” (1 Corinthians 7:33)
Husbands and wives – listen to me. Do not make the mistake of selling out your marriage for other things which seem so important. I have seen men sell out their marriage to preach the gospel because they rationalized the work was too worthy to be ignored. I have seen women sell out their marriages for their children, thinking that we have such little time with these little people and their husbands would always be there later.
This is wrong. God commands you to divide your time between your spouse and everything else. He even tells you to divide your time between your spouse and serving Him. I can think of no other command that calls for such prioritization. Don’t sell out. Buy in to your marriage.
Matthew 4:4 #Biblebites
Today’s Reading: 1 Corinthians 7:32-40
Questions to ask:
- How is Paul feeling as he writes today’s passage? What is his mood?
- What are the central themes in Paul’s preaching and teaching which are being emphasized, or how are the central themes in this epistle being emphasized in today’s reading?
- How does our reading show Paul’s people skills, especially how he handles conflict?
- What in this passage would change the lives of the believer(s) being addressed? How does it make me a better disciple?
- How does this show the “good news” of the gospel? How can I share that with someone else?
This year, #Biblebites are following the life and writings of Paul. If you would like a copy of the reading schedule, you can view it here: https://eastlandchristians.org/news-events/2023-vision