“Behold, now is the acceptable time, behold, now is the day of salvation.” (2 Corinthians 6:2)
If Satan can get you to place your confidence in what you did for Christ in the past or cling to the guilt of past sins – he will have won.
If Satan can turn your gaze toward the future with the belief that someday you will begin to serve, love, follow, and obey Jesus as you ought – he will have won.
The only acceptable day for faith is today. It is the soul you are today who matters – neither the one you once were or the one you envision you might be matters. It is now that you are living.
Matthew 4:4 #Biblebites
Today’s Reading: 2 Corinthians 6:1-10
Questions to ask:
- How is Paul feeling as he writes today’s passage? What is his mood?
- What are the central themes in Paul’s preaching and teaching which are being emphasized, or how are the central themes in this epistle being emphasized in today’s reading?
- How does our reading show Paul’s people skills, especially how he handles conflict?
- What in this passage would change the lives of the believer(s) being addressed? How does it make me a better disciple?
- How does this show the “good news” of the gospel? How can I share that with someone else?
This year, #Biblebites are following the life and writings of Paul. If you would like a copy of the reading schedule, you can view it here: https://eastlandchristians.org/news-events/2023-vision